the spray

Welcome to the spray! The pdc's latest outlet for venting frustrations or just an idle comment.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just tellin' it like it is....











No haka disrespect, just joking

By Willie Mason
Australia starOctober 16, 2006

I SUPPOSE everyone wants to know why I swore during the haka before Saturday's Test match in Auckland. I'll tell you why and it has nothing to do with disrespecting New Zealand.
I was actually standing next to Justin Hodges during the haka and I said to him, "Isn't Brent Webb an Aborigine? Look at him. Get f---ed".
It was just funny seeing an Aborigine trying to lead the haka. I think he might have been making the words up. We were just having a joke around together to take the seriousness off the whole thing and use it to pump our boys up.
I certainly wasn't disrespecting the haka or the Maori culture because I think it's one of the highlights of both international rugby league and rugby union matches. I look forward to the Kiwis doing the haka. It's something that they get really pumped up and emotional on and they really get fired up on it. It makes us get pumped up as well.
But seriously, what do they expect us to do? Bloody crawl into a hole while they're doing it? We've got to do something. That's why we all stood there to show them how united and tight that we are as a team.
Once again it was just beautiful timing from the television cameras to shoot right on my mouth while I was saying it. I apologise for swearing but it was just a bit of a joke to take the emotion out of how intense they were in the haka.
As for David Kidwell's cheap shot on me, I expect nothing less from him. I didn't even see the bloke coming. I remember running at him a few times but I don't think he hit me as hard as that because they were front on.
The only way he seems to put a good shot on players is if he blindsides people. If he wants to play those games, I don't mind. The thing is, I don't really get a chance to tackle him because he doesn't run in the middle that much.
He usually runs at Darren Lockyer or one of our centres. If he wants to play that way, I might have to ask coach Ricky Stuart to play me in the centres as well.




Love him or hate him, Willie always just tells it like it is and you gotta respect that. Wamt an honest appraisal, answer or quote?...Well go see Mr. Mason.

No 'week by week', 'The boys put in 110% ' blah blah blah blah blah regurgitated cliches by Big Wilbur. Often controversial, usually funny Willie says what he reckons and does not give a flying fuck. Often this approach lands him hot water but he just keeps on being Willie(translated means fuck right off cause I don't give a toss). Great work Will keep it up.

As for the haka. The All-Blacks haka is delivered with high intensity, is inspiring and makes you sit up and take notice. As for the Rugby league version.....it's not even close. In fact it's not even in the ballpark or even in the same fucken town.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roscoe said...

Its great to see some good ol' fashioned hatred put back into 'internationals' such as Saturday's match.

Brett Lee please take note, NO fucking friendly chit chat with those fucking pommies this year cunt!!

October 17, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Smackdog said...

Right on the money Rosscoe. Warnie and his lover Pieterson better not be chumming it up either

October 17, 2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger moo said...

Note to Willie: I don't really give a fuck what you do during the haka, but by now your tiny brain should have realised that when you have the ball at least one of the opposition players is going to try to put you on your arse. When one of these players comes from an on-side position and knocks your block off, it's not a cheap shot, the problem here is that you're too fucking stupid to realise that the field is 50 fucking metres wide and the bloke directly in front of you isn't the only one allowed to tackle you. You got hammered, take it like a fucking man or go play soccer.

October 17, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Smackdog said...

A fair point moo, Although I don't think Willie is having a cry about it. Laying some bait more like it.
I think Willie would welcome another confrontation with David Kidwell.

October 17, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Mr Devine said...

definitely supporting roscoe- poms, especially the cricketing variety, deserve nothing but scorn and hatred. I support moo's spray too, fuck up mason you bitch it was a legit shoulder charge. i will partially support smacka- mason does call it as he sees it which can be funny at times, but he is still a fucking tool. but you are completely correst, smacka, when comparing the all black haka to the league version. it is a joke at best.

October 17, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Roscoe said...

As Mason says, he will have to don a centres jersey to go hunting for Kidwell to hit the ball up. To Mason's credit, he did go looking for Kidwell to hit the next ball up in Saturdays match, but Kidwell was nowhere to be seen. He even made sure Big Will was 99% unconcious before doing his little prance around the park in scenes not too disimilar to those of Spud Carroll's cowardly chest beating above Paul Harragon's corpse after a sickening collision almost left the big fella dead in Newcastle a decade ago.

The challenge has been laid for Melbourne Kidwell. You're in front of your 'home' crowd, the nation awaits.....Are you man enough to have a run at a fired up and even more so idiotic W Mason????

Fuck I love violence!!

October 17, 2006 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home