the spray

Welcome to the spray! The pdc's latest outlet for venting frustrations or just an idle comment.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

BEER - Just Do It

Trail of beer, clothes leads to beer truck bandit

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - A man suspected of stealing a loaded beer truck was nabbed after a police dog followed a trail of beer and clothes to find him hiding on top of a porch, Edmonton police said on Tuesday.

The police dog was called out to a parking lot in the western Canadian city on Monday morning where a beer delivery truck, recently stolen outside a liquor store, had been abandoned after a collision.

Edmonton police spokeswoman Karen Carlson said the dog and its handler followed a trail of discarded beer, a cooler, a hand cart and pieces of clothing to a nearby apartment building.

"I guess the dog had a pretty good scent to go on," Carlson said.

Just as police readied to enter the apartment building, the suspect was seen climbing out of a second-storey window and on to the roof of the building's porch.

Police said the man was arrested without incident and charged with theft and hit and run.

I seriously have to go for a holiday in Canada! Talk about the land of opportunity. All the great stories of drunken revelry seem to come from there. I think the OSF's new fundraiser can concentrate on getting me enough cash to get me over there and to cover court costs. I'm sure the Canadian government will cough up the airfare to get me home.

Until then I'm going to have to rob beer trucks naked on recycle night so I don't leave a trail.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buckerz said...

A normal Tuesday night for you Moo

October 15, 2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home