the spray

Welcome to the spray! The pdc's latest outlet for venting frustrations or just an idle comment.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cinderella Men

Do I need to have a long hard look at myself? Why you ask? Because I think these two boozehounds are my heroes!
I may be starting to show my age just a little, but I'm pretty sure when I made the switch from league to union as a teenager, it was heavily based around the fact that Saturdays were a far better drinking night opposed to Sunday arvo/nights, and that union players were much better to drink with than the moronic league mungos.
Judging by the ridiculous curfew imposed on Waratahs come Wallabies come party animals Matt Dunning and Lote Tuqiri last week, am I wrong in thinking that the art of sharing a few beers and bullshit stories with your team mates after a game and/or training, that was once a pre-requisite to be accepted into a team from the game they play in heaven, is now dead and buried???
I fucking hope not!!
I believe/hope that the returned CEO of the ARU John O'Neill, being the closet plonko himself, has left our intrepid warriors a large enough window to get absolutely shitfaced on free French wine and be 'tucked up in bed', or should that be passed out in bed by the stroke of midnight, every night during the upcoming World Cup being held in France. By my calculations, you can still throw in a substantial amount of swill into your guts in the following 3 or 4 hours after a big win against Namibia or the All Blacks, and still enjoy a good night out with the boys on the other side of the globe during a World Cup of any sort. In fact you only have to be in your own local for that period of time, and still have a great night out regardless.
With this 'ban' imposed, we rugby fans can be more assured that our great game and the subsequent piss ups that go with it, are indeed in good hands......... I think

2 Comments:

Blogger moo said...

They don't have to go put at night. Theres plenty of time to get pissed during games with teams like Namibia.

August 23, 2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Smackdog said...

The dream will always be alive at blueys. Praise the lord. I think it's written in the constitution and if it isn't it fucking well should be!

August 24, 2007 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home